Friday, February 23, 2007

Home

The last few weeks have been very long. I could contribute it to the cold weather and the snow or to the lack of sunshine... but I know it's something else. It's that feeling you get when you can't wait for something that's coming and it feels like it will NEVER get here. Well my something's coming!! In a week I'm going HOME!!

I am so stinkin' excited about going home I can barely stand it! In 1 week I will board a plane in South Bend and a few nerve-racking hours later, I will arrive safely at my very warm home in Florida. I'm so ready to see my family. I'm ready to hug my parents and brother and hold on tight. I'm ready to go sit with my brother and talk for hours at our local coffee shop. I'm ready to see so many wonderful friends (Hi Suz *waving*) and catch up. I'm so anxious to serve on my first Tres Dias weekend and see all the wonderful things God has in store. I'm also ready to just sit back, relax and have a little catch up time with God.

When I sit back for a second and think about how excited I am about going home, it completely floors me. You see, a few short months ago, I never wanted to go back to my home in Florida, much less be excited about a visit. I am amazed and in awe of the healing power God possesses. If you don't believe he's in the healing business just take my word for it... he is. He has the ability and power to change lives and transform hearts. He can mend the broken and soften the hard. God has done an amazing, incredible thing in my family and the list could go on and on. I'm humbled at the work he's done and the forgiveness and healing he has allowed to take place. God is ready, willing and able... are you ready to ask him for big things?

Oh, and I'm not sure if you've heard... I'M GOING HOME!!!!!!

2 comments:

.suz. said...

hurry home- you've been missed! *waving back*

Little Steps Of Faith said...

alicia:-)

Where will you be? I live here in dead ol' Deltona.