Tuesday, January 23, 2007

To Those Special People In My Life...

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3

I hope you are blessed to have special people in your life. The people that make your world a better place just because they are in it. I've been dealing with some somewhat troubling times lately... times I could have just given up and thrown the towel in, but I didn't... because I had people right beside me cheering me on. People that told me I could do it.

There are people that pretend to be your friends. There are others who say they are your friends, but their friendship consists of ways to tear you down. There are even more who are you friends when it's convenient for them and to see what they can get out of being your friend... what can you do for them? Then there's that one person... that one special person who is your friend just because. They know all about you... yet they love you anyway. Sometimes there's more than one... and I'm lucky to have a couple. A couple people in my life who love me for me. They believe in me and are confident in who I am and who God's made me. They don't judge me... they build me up and the make me want to be a better person. They hold me to a higher standard and make me feel happy to be who I am because that's the way they like me... flaws and all.

It's those people I want to thank... they know who they are. They've stood by me and behind me and on more than one occasion picked me up. They are often right behind me pushing me forward and urging me to continue on. When the certain ones of the world come against me, they come against them. They call me or e-mail me in the middle of the day just to remind me they are praying for me and they remind me who God has told me I am... not who the world tells me I am. They never put me down and instead lift me up... often at their own expense. These people are my heroes. I love them and I'm proud to be able to call them my friends and I can promise you... if I could choose anyone to be on my side fighting... I would choose to have these people fighting right beside me. Thank you, I love you guys.

No comments: